In the photo, the far left is the very first bullet I cast. The next is also from the first batch of lead that was straight wheel weights. The third is cast from what I believe to be almost pure lead. The first two are frosty looking which all the bullets from that batch of lead looked like. The more pure lead one came out shiny and smooth.
The results from my first shots were good. I was using the pitted bore, CVA that I got used a while back. This gun grouped powerbelts about an inch apart but to the right of POA. My bullets grouped to the right and low. The one nearer the center was the third shot which I think I pulled. Fouling was an issue because of the lube. Bore butter was terrible. I almost couldn't get the bullets down the barrel after using it once. The homemade beeswax lube was much cleaner but I think I will have to start swabbing after every shot if I want to get any consistency out of these bullets.
Cast Bullet Results
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users