#1 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

With school out pretty much everywhere it seems, what are you planning to do this summer? For me, I'll be playing baseball quite a bit for the local Legion team, and hopefully do some fishing. We bought a nice, basic 16 foot aluminum fishing boat last year, but weren't able to get out much. The crappies are spawning like crazy here now, so I'm hoping I can get out before they quit.

I'm also planning to do some scouting for deer, and find a couple new stand locations. Last year I had good luck with seeing deer in my current stand locations, so I probably won't do anything too drastic. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Archery season is looking good for this September as corn is planted around the stand location where my cousin and I saw a few nice bucks (and where I shot mine on Christmas Day). The crops are way ahead of schedule as of now, so hoepfully the corn will provide some shelter for the deer around my stand. There were soy beans there last year, and we still saw tons of deer, so it's looking good as of now.

Anyways, do any of you have any exciting plans for this summer? Sports, activities, vacations?
-Eric

#2 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:20 PM

We are planning on selling our property in North Dakota and buying property in Oregon,hoping to get moved this summer if the house sells..........New area,new adventures................
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:36 AM

I am a young hunter but my eyes are very old. I just yesterday had a cataract operation on my left eye and will as soon as it heals get the other one done. This is not elective surgery as my vision is deterierating. Sure hope to get all fixed up this summer so I can see clearly again. Hey maybe I will be able to shoot straighter too. Even though my first eye was only done yesterday I can see at distance far better without glasses than with. I havent seen this good since the mid 50s cant wait till both eyes are done and healed.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

One day and adventure at a time.

Pronghorn are dropping babies here like crazy maybe get some baby pics, maybe fish and most likely hunt

bc

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#5 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:18 PM

Work and daydream about the upcoming hunting seasons. Posted Image Good luck with those crappies! Let us know how well they bite a hook, that boat needs to be used some!
BrandonT

#6 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

Work and bake in the sun, play with my son when I'm home, fish when I can, and prepare when possible for the upcoming hunting season and the birth of my daughter. LOL I'm busy to say the least...
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users