• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

Wednesday I had cataract surgery on my shooting eye (left one) and the lens the dr replaced was a vision correcting lens. It is now Sat and I am so pleased with the eyesight in that eye. I can hardly wait till it heals and I can try some shooting. Yes I am going to wait at least another week before doing that because my left eye is 99% as good as my right eye with a thick glasses lens. Till I get my right eye done on July 14th I have to live with a little disparate vision when looking with both eyes. Oh boy I am itching to get out the rifles and see how my new vision works when shooting. If the right eye comes out like the left one I may not need glasses for anything but close work. I have not been able to see this good since the early 1950s and that is a long time.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:40 AM

That's great news Paul!Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

Awesome my friend! I couldn't be more hap[pier for you!Posted Image

#4 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

I am very happy for you Paul. We take so much for granted and eye sight is one of them. Not having to wear glasses would be a real blessing. Plus you can wear cool sun glasses as you flex at the beach and check out all the hotties. .. :rolleyes:

All joking aside, they did the same thing for my father many years ago, and he was just tickled to have his eye sight back again. He still had to wear glasses for reading through. I Have worn glasses or contacts ever since the 5th grade. And believe me that was a long time ago. I still wear glasses and cuss them out all the time as they slip off my nose at the wrong time, or fog up when I am working hard... no glasses... WOW!!! I am really happy for you.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

Cayugad I know exactly what you mean. I have had to wear really thick glasses since the mid 50s myself and experienced all those things you mentioned. The great news is I was in to see my eye dr just this past thursday and she confirmed I have 20/20 vision in my eye that was operated on. The other eye has all the chances of being just as corrected. Yes I will need reading glasses but they will come at a cost of about 6 dollars. Right now I have a little trouble with my vision as I have to keep the lens in my glasses for the right eye and my dominate eye is the left one. I only have to wait till July 14th till the other eye gets done and I then will be able to see clearly at distance for the first time in over 50 years.

I did pick up my turkey shotgun which has truglo open sights on it and had no trouble lining a clear front sight with a fuzzy rear sight and for once the target will be much clearer too. I picked up one of my scope sighted rifles and no problems there either.

When I told my 91 yr old mother that I will not have to wear glasses anymore she said Oh you will have to wear glasses because you will look funny without them.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

Only a parent could think like that. Glad it is working for you.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users