• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

Slick Trick and Field Point at 33 yards. First thing I did was get the nock point height right. Confirmed it at 20 and 33 yards. Broadheads and fieldpoints were hitting the same elevation. The broadheads were now grouping on the left side of the field points. So I cranked the bow weight adjustment up 1/4 turn per limb. Then the broadheads started grouping on the right side of the field points. So I turned it down an eighth turn each limb and now the slicktricks and field points are hitting in the same spot. Enough for today. Too tired to shoot anymore. It was a good day! First order of business next time I shoot is to confirm that everything is still right.

Posted Image

This is Easton's broadhead tuning diagram if anyone is interested. It pretty much tells you everything you need to do. I do recommend you walk back tune to make sure your rest left to right is correct before you do this.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:48 AM

Nice tuning job Leo.

I have worked mine doing that with my Monster 7 finally. I took some doing but I feel I'm good out to 40 yards. I used the G5 Striker to set mine up.

I just replaced my nock points and D-loop and found I moved my nock. The movement was very small. I really didn't notice it with the target points point of impact. Now when I shot my broadheads I did. They hit low and to the left(I'm right handed). It was mainly due to how I raised the nock maybe a 1/32". I had to raise the arrow rest that small bit to put the BH tuning back to center.

That chart does leave out some other ways to tune. One is what you did and that's often over looked. The other is adjusting the height of the rest compared to moving the nock point. A follow away rest can be moved up and down to get the broadheads to center in with the target points. Again like it said in very small movements can make a world of difference.

Glad you brought that up.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 16 June 2010 - 08:35 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users