2 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

I was curious as to what color & size veins everyone uses on your arrows? Do you prefer feather over plastic? Do you tree stand hunt or hunt from the ground? What color would be the best to help find your arrow? I hunt from the ground only and often loose my arrow in the grass when I miss or get a pass thru.

I use 2 red & 1 white blazers on my 27" maxima carbon arrows. ON my xx75's from easton I use feathers. I like shooting feathers but my whisker biscuit eats them up when I shoot alot in the summer.

What do you think of the easton tracer nocks as opposed to the luminok?

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

I have been going to one color for all three vanes more and more on my arrows. I like orange in the brightest version I can get like neon or florescent. Neon red is another color or white/tiger white vanes. I like wraps also to give it more color for my eyes. Whitetail don't see orange and red all that well so I prefer to use those colors. The white is okay if it is broke up a bit like in my post I did today.

I like the Blazer vanes the most at this point. The newest Blazer design really is an improvement over last years design. They are hard to find right now. I bought some from Bohning. I found some on eBay too. I don't care for feathers, tried them, they look nice.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

4 in plastic 2 green1 yellow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users