• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

Yesterday I received a good report on my eye operation. She said it was virtually all healed up so in just a little while I plan on taking a few shots with my inline this afternoon.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

I got my Knight Bighorn out yesterday afternoon and did a little shooting. I am very proud of the target and uploaded it to my gallery but cannot get it to show up here. I shot 5 shots. The first shot was with 2f goex at 80 grains with a 300 grain Hornady XTP in a Harvester crush rib sabot. This is my hunting load with this rifle. It hit about 1/2 inch high and just clipped the top edge of the quarter size paste on bull. This is just how I have it sighted in. The next four shots were all the same except for using 85 grains of 2f goex. The result was about 1 1/2 inches higher but out of four shots there are only two holes. Three of the bullets made a large hole and one about 1/2 inch to the left of that group.

I am liking my new and improved vision and shooting is no exception. I was able to see through the scope with much better clarity. So clear that I could see the red bullseye and could form a quarter quadrant when the cross hairs were centered on the spot. I can't believe what I was missing with detierierating eyesight.

I do believe that I may have found a new hunting load. All the shots were at a measured 50 yds but that group is deadly. I really like this old model of Knight as it seems to shoot many bullet/load combos well but from shat I got yesterday I have a new hunting load.

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

Glad to hear it! Have fun plinking.

#4 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

Grats on the "new" eyes PA- thats great news! Nothing like getting the smokepole a smok'in again after a long absence...looks like you haven't missed anything.Posted Image I bet you can't wait for season now!!Posted Image

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

Stick you are absolutely right. I was so excited that I just bought a leftover muzzleloader license for Kansas so I can hunt there in September. My other eye gets fixed on the 14th of this month so by sept I should be able to see better than I have for many years.

#6 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

so by sept I should be able to see better than I have for many years.

I sure hope so as I am tired of showing you all the deer now! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#7 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

Uhhh-PA, looks like you are on your ownPosted Image ...or maybe Eric is just tired of you killing all the deerPosted Image

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

I just don"t know what I did wrong. I fetched him up right and now let me get a little old and he pounces. Actually he is right as you see cataracts dull not only your vision but your color vision gets real dull too. I still take all the tough shots and give him the easy ones. Naa actually we kid each other a lot and have a lot of fun poking a few too. I get my other eye done this week, actually Wednesday morning and pray that all goes well so I can see again with both eyes. For the last month I look with my left eye at distance and my uncorrected eye for up close. I will have to use reading glasses after wednesday for up close but nothing for anything arms length or further. I can't wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users