8 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Hastings

Alex Hastings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:51 PM

hey guys,
i just got a set of blazer vanes and i have enough to fletch 4 arrows but i also just started to use the NAP Quick Spin vanes and i really like them but i heard the blazers are much better. In everyones oppinoin should i stick with the NAP Quick Spins or go to the blazers.

Alex Hastings

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:24 PM

Alex I guess I'm hedging on the fence cause I have both on and they both shoot great for me. The NAP quik spins get a bit wavy after some shooting where the blazers don't. Naps are definitely heavier over the blazers and that effects my POI. I haven't tried the blazer yet with fixed broadheads but on some other sites they swear they work fine. The work okay on mechanical heads for sure. :yes:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:42 PM

Alex I also use the Blazier vanes and I like them a lot. But if you are getting good arrow flight with the quick spins stay with them until you have to change them due to wear or tear. You could fletch one up to see how it shoots next to the quick spins.

MD

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:10 PM

Alex, i'm with MD and Rowdy, if you have a good thing stick with it, i personally love the blazers, but i have never tried the quickspins, try one arrow with the blazers and see if you like them over the quickspins, and go from there, i shoot a 29" GoldTip arrow and they stabalize it pretty good even at long yardages up to about 41yds thusfar, only problem i've had with them is that when i shoot groups, they tend to get torn up LOL :lol: (my arrows group really well, sometimes too well)

Edited by TerryfromAR, 01 July 2006 - 08:11 PM.

Semper Fi

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

I'll kick in a vote against the QuikSpins... The 4" are definitely not very durable, in general, and the 2.25" should really only be used for field points and/or mechanical broadheads. (Haven't tried the 3" or the new model that is patterned after a Blazer, so I can't comment there.) Also, at longer ranges, the QuikSpins will cause your arrows to drastically drop as they shed speed.

A 2" Blazer vane is not going to do anything spectacularly above and beyond a typical 4" vane as far as accuracy is concerned. They will be on the same level, even with a fixed blade broadhead, however. The advantages over a typical 4" fletch is that they are lighter which boosts speed some. But, more importantly, provides for a better FOC which means better down range accuracy, especially with broadheads. A Blazer also has less surface area than a 4" vane so it will not be as prone to wind drift as a typical 4" vane. Lastly, if you shoot a Whisker Biscuit, the Bohning Blazer vane is one of few fletchings on the market that will not wrinkle or be torn up over time.

My suggestion/opinion... Definitely try the Blazer! Personally, I wouldn't hunt with anything else at this time.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#6 tdl12321

tdl12321

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:33 AM

I shot Blazer vanes last year, the only problem I had with them is they kept getting bloody B)

#7 Bowdoc Jim

Bowdoc Jim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:53 AM

I Shoot the QS 2.25 on Axis arrows with 100 G5 Montec... Last fall 75 yards groups of 2.5 inches or so (all in the white on a target) Had to tune a bit But was happy...
This spring I have tried Blazers on my 3D set up and have been taking names...

Will see in a few how they work with the Broadheads and decide which way I will go for this hunting season.

WHY?? :huh: Has NAP made a new QS after the Blazer

#8 Alex Hastings

Alex Hastings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:21 PM

i decided to switch to the blazers and i am glad i did because i am shooting better than i ever shot before.i can shoot a 2 in group at 40 yards which is ausome and my muzzy 75's fly just the same as the feild tips.

Alex Hastings

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:46 AM

Alex congrats ! Great move and glad the results are so much better for your setup. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users