• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

We are going to go with OTC bull tags since we didnt draw, but I have NO idea where to go since half the state is OTC and I've already been unsuccessful in so many units. Time for a night of pouring over maps on the kitchen table I guess...

Edited by silvertip-co, 03 July 2010 - 09:15 PM.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:27 AM

We are going to go with OTC bull tags since we didnt draw, but I have NO idea where to go since half the state is OTC and I've already been unsuccessful in so many units. Time for a night of pouring over maps on the kitchen table I guess...

IF the mule deer surrender quickly and IF the WY speedgoats jump in the back of the truck beforehand then OTC Elk might happen in Area 45 for us. We'll concentrate on getting everyone on the lighter dragging critters and Seth wants to film the hunts so unforunately Bull Elk will take a back seat this fall. On the upside is an earned pref. point for elk in the future!Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:40 AM

We were planning on hunting Greenhorn Ridge which I can see from the house here and a lot of local guys kill elk there. I thot it was OTC but JUST figured out it was draw so I guess we'll try the Cuchara 85 or Poncha Pass / Marshall Pass 82-86-681 area. Trying to keep closER to home since I'm laid off. Plus we're tired of driving 200-300 miles for no elk luck. I got maps laid out all over the office here so will guess a spot in the next few days and start making scouting ( fly fishing for trout too ) trips next weekend. My belly otto be healed up mostly by then.

Good luck in 45 guys, Pando is a great place.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#4 GP@AZ

GP@AZ

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

I hope you have good luck Charles, once you locate them I know you will have no problems putting one down. I would love to give you a hand. If I were a little closer I would be there to help you out. Another pair of eyes really help out.

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

I would be there too but I live further than George does. It may just happen one of these days.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users