#1 David Clayton Harrison

David Clayton Harrison

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:God, archery and hunting, and family

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

The shop will be ordering it for me next month. I put 1/3 of a payment down, after next month 2nd payment, they will order it, then then in September, I will pic it up!!! All black, bow, 28.5 draw length, 70#s and all the little green dampners and rubber accesaries, and black and fluresent green string!!!

Which Easton ACC hunting arrows and details about the arrows should I go with for this bow? Type and size of ACC arrows? Plan to shoot it on 62#s, and use a 100 grain tip.

One of my 3 sons has his eye on my Dxt, today he ask me if he could have it and get some different size cams; He will probably get it and we can get it all set up for his weight and draw. He is 13, but a big guy, 5'8'' and 169 pounds. He will be a line backer this year on the football team, He is in the 8th grade, its his first time ever playing football. He works out allot.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

I was looking at some used bows on Archery Talk. I was guessing I could pick up a great used bow maybe in a black out version because I think they are ninja cool. I still prefer the camo variety. And I realized in about five months all the new models will be out from all the top bow makers. I have really liked what I have now and I'm shooting well with it soooooooo. I'm going to wait to see what is coming in November and December. Last few years there has been some great new bows introduced by the main line makers. If nothing else I can pick up this year's model in a used bow later on next year.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

Congrats, David. I know you'll like it.

A lot concerning the arrows will depend on certain specifics like what fletching you will go with, whether you shoot a wrap, and what the exact arrow length itself will be when cut. Guestimating on a few of those things, I would suggest an A/C/C 3-60 if you're dead set on A/C/C's. Truthfully, they will probably be a little on the stiff side for shooting 62# at that draw length. But, the 3-49 spine will definitely be weak and it is usually best to err to the stiff side rather than weak. (Especially when it's a 70# bow turned down to 62#. You will always be able to turn up the poundage a little if needed for tuning. But, it's kind of hard to tune out a weak arrow reaction when the bow weight is already turned down just about as low as it goes.)

Anyway, best to you with your new bow. If I was a shorter draw length I probably would have ended up with the same model this year myself. Nice bow.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

Posted Image

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

I forgot to add this ----- Congrats David on making the decision on the new bow. Hey by no means was I saying in my first post you should do what I'm doing. The Z7 is a great bow, enjoy it.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users