• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Church, Family, Friends. One and the same.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

Well, I don't work for the state prison anymore. I left for a very nice position with Brink's Global Services. When I worked for Brink's before, it was the cash-in-transit stuff. Now I will be shipping valuable materials around the world from the UPS global hub in Louisville, Ky. So, now you're all up to speed on that.

For yeeeeaaaarrrss, Brink's has used the S&W .38 DAO revolver. They are very solid, overbuilt guns that deserve trust for reliablility and could be accurate with alot of practice. Now they are training me on the DAO TSW. I looked it up online and this is apparently the gun that S&W deigned their .40 cal cartridge for. I got to learn how to field strip one today and have to say I was suprised with it. I thought it would be a heavy dinosaur with outdated design but it was far from that. The solid steel frame slide and barrel looked indestructible. It wasn't too heavy, but I think well balanced to handle .40 +P loads very comfortably for the shooter. All the parts internally looked like what you would expect in a late model semi-auto. It has a safety feature that prevents firing without a magazine in it, which I don't like just because S.I.G. and that isn't simple. Other than that, it has no decocker/safety which makes that part simple (therefore good).

I get to shoot it tomorrow, so I will have more to say then. I just thought I put this up now to get some opinions, tips or warnings if any is warranted.

here's a photo:
http://petesdiscount...s/sw4046tsw.jpg

Edited by Honky Cat, 22 July 2010 - 08:53 PM.

Don't pray for a light load. Pray for a strong back.

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:01 PM

Pictures would be nice if you can.:rolleyes:

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

Posted Image

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Church, Family, Friends. One and the same.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:50 PM

Well, I can't take pictures at work. Brink's is pretty tight due to the nature of their business. I could try to add a link to a Google image of that model if I can find it.
Don't pray for a light load. Pray for a strong back.

#5 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

That's right I read the pictures!:hunter:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users