8 replies to this topic

#1 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

Well the Ontario moose tag lottery results will be out August 1st (this Sunday). I'm not too optomistic about an archery bull tag this year, but we might have a chance a an archery cow tag if all works out. Irregardless of the tag results, my son and I will be making the moose hunting pilgrimage anyways, as we thoroughly enjoy the week in the northern woods atving, grouse hunting, fishing and photograhing the scenery and wildlife.

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#2 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:56 PM

Wow! I can't believe it. We were successful in drawing yet another bull tag again this year. I still have to check on one other member of our group to see if he drew a cow tag, but it's GAME ON!

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

All right but the good news is you got a tag and with your skills all the bullwinkles up there are starting to look for places to hide. The bad news is all the bullwinkles are looking for a hiding place. The other piece of bad news is you have to field dress and butcher the biggest deer on the planet. I do hear that they are tasty. Sharpen your knives and take your axe you gonna need them.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

Hey that's great news congrats. Start working out now so you can carry all that stuff plus load and butcher all that moose.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

Awesome! Congrats TBow! Wishing you the best of luck hunting.

#6 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

My brother-in-law was the last person to check on. I went over to his house this morning and called in for his results. He pulled a cow tag. Anyone who buys a moose lisence is allowed to shoot a calf, so that means anything that steps in front of us this year is fair game.

Geoff / TBow

#7 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:52 AM

:clap: Way to go Geoff !
Hope you guys have a great adventure & then ya can bring some of that savory moose meat down to PA about next May if you wanna try Spring Gobbler hunting with the Casters boyz!:shifty:
Posted Image

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:52 AM

Now that is an invitation that deserves comment. We would love to have you down in the lower 48. Bring your shotgun or we will find one for you. I too am retired and once I get back from Kansas I hunt turkeys most every day. They aren't as big as a moose but are pretty exciting to call in and give em a punch in the snoot. P.S. Bring moose meat.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#9 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:28 AM

Gee thanks guys. That's an invitation I'll give some serious consideration to. I've hunted turkeys here at home, but have always taken my bow in-lieu of a shotgun, but the lack of results bear witness to my inexperience with the big birds.

Geoff / TBow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users