• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

I just put some canned cat food out to try to lure the little stinkers we have around the houses to a spot where we can safely shoot them. This isn't turkey hunting but sure is fun to get rid of a few. Will let you know if the cat food works.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Well so far the cat food did not work but we got one anyhow about 50 yds from the cat food. We shot it right through the rib cage just as Phil suggested and durn near gagged till we got rid of it in the cornfield. We did see two opossums but not where we could get a shot at them. We were also treated to a whole pack of yotes just a howling away. What a night. May go out a bit later but the way that little skunk oderized the area we may not see any more.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Well gee Paul, that kinda stinks. :rofl: Glad you're having fun bud.:D Maybe you guys should invest in some surplus gass masks though. ;) Me and Jason have been talking about going after some of the Coyotes around here. Seems we have a real bunch of them lately. Wishing you guys luck.

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:41 AM

Just remember, Paul, a true hunter eats what he shoots! :D

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:46 AM

I must admit that hunting down a black animal in the dark can get rather exciting. So far we have got 4 of them. All were pretty small so mamma and poppa are around somewhere. Oh well it sure beats sitting on your keister and watching outdoor channel reruns or seeing the Pittsburgh Pirates lose another one. The Pirates are so bad that Gov Rendell declares a holiday when they win. Hey maybe he will do that each time we get a skunk. He should know things that stink he exudes oderiferously bad government.

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

Try some ole chicken bones or left over chicken stuff from a Sunday dinner and let them get real stinky then lay those out for bait. Cat food maybe a bit to rich for their diet:rofl: Good luck.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

I said shoot them through the ribcage from a broadside presentation....not using the ribcage as an exit point from a Texas heartshot! .....this skunk hunting adventure sure reminds me of my childhood days watching the Roadrunner cartoon. You guys need to check on-line and see if the "Acme" company has any gadgets to help ya in this endevor !:hunter:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users