• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

While cleaning out my parents house we came across an old and somewhat rusty scope which seems to be a 22 scope. What surprised me was the name on it. It was a Mossberg scope. I didn't even know mossberg ever made a scope.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

While cleaning out my parents house we came across an old and somewhat rusty scope which seems to be a 22 scope. What surprised me was the name on it. It was a Mossberg scope. I didn't even know mossberg ever made a scope.

Your scope was probably made between 1935 - 1940. Here's a link showing several models that Mossberg made;

http://home.epix.net...mguy/scopes.htm

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

Yes I found it on that link. This one is an M4C and the link says it was made in 1949 only. too bad it is not in pristine condition it may have collector value. I did oil it up last night and the rust spots don't show up so much. That old thing isn't as old as I am and I don't have rust spots......yet.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

Yes I found it on that link. This one is an M4C and the link says it was made in 1949 only. too bad it is not in pristine condition it may have collector value. I did oil it up last night and the rust spots don't show up so much. That old thing isn't as old as I am and I don't have rust spots......yet.

Glad you found it on there. I like anything old. I have an old Weaver K4 B6 Fixed Four Power that is pretty cool. That old scope is bringing between $150 to $200 on Ebay. Of course you know how I feel about my old Lynch box call. ;) Those are bringing pretty good money too but mine to me, like your's is to you, is priceless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users