4 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

I'm still dealing with a lot of chest pain. The doctors still aren't sure of the cause but they say they don't think it's life threatoning so I'm not letting it get me down. :no: Had a new string put on my Horton Legend XL175 today. Guys at the archery shop were awesome and fun to talk with. Jason and I marveled at the new state of the art bows. At the prices too! One 70lb bow, can't remember the brand, was so small it looked like a toy. The new Mathew's had us drooling big time. In the last few days I got new Carbon Xpress Crossbolts and 125gr Muzzy broadheads, did maintenance on our stands, got three trail cams out ( pics of a doe and fawn so far), posted our hunting area with both signs and purple paint, ran a tresspasser off with a 9mm warning not to come back and repaired the fence he'd cut, put out salt licks, scouted and found the path the bucks are using, got my ATV ready, and last but not least been laughing at Jasons enthusiasm to go hunting, so pain be darned! :P Buying my tag on the first and will be in the woods on the 15th with a sweet new bow and an attitude!:hunter: :D Wishing all you guys the very best of luck.

#2 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

Good luck Norm, I don't hunt with stick-n-string anymore (having a young family keeps me out of the woods till November) but also my bone spurr is a real pain in the back and shoulder but will hunt turkeys in Nov.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

Good Luck Norm, I get to start about 2 weeks after ya'll.... and I'm hoping we get alot of chances to take some shots this year... I want a good story opening day of you sending a crossbolt through a big fat doe, or a nice trophy buck ;)
Semper Fi

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

Man oh man Spirit I can sympathize with you on the chest pain. I got a chest infection while working cleaning my mom's attic. It felt like a metal band was around my chest every time I coughed. Went to the Dr and got some antibiotics and just finished that regemin Saturday. I still cough but am better. It only feels like a rubber band sround my chest now.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:21 AM

Tweeking my setup still and getting ever ready for things to get going. I usually use a fixed blade broadhead but this year I'm going with the G5 T3 and I hope it does not disappoint me. So far I have some problems rebuilding the ones I have shot for practice. I wrote G5 about my inept attempts to get my practice heads back to like new and have not heard back. I hope there is some technique to it that I have not tried yet. Other than that I can shot fixed blades out of my setup no problemo.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users