#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

Im planning on picking up at the cabelas hamburg store :

Arizona archery fletch III fletching jig, goat tuff glue and fusion vanes. has anyone used these products? I shoot using a whisker biscuit and carbon arrows.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

I have fletched the fusion 2" and 3" vanes. They work great with broadheads.

The Arizona jig I have not used but I have read plenty of great reviews on them. Fred Eichler used his one evening as I watched him do up some pink feathered arrows. He went at it and was done with a dozen arrows in a half hour. There is a new Arizona jig out especially for the 2" vanes that does put on a 3* right helical on each vane. If you plan on using the smaller 2" vanes I'd recommend you check it out. I might add the new Bohning helix 2" jig works great on the 2" Blazer vanes and puts a true 3* on them as well.

I use to use goat tuff and did think it worked. I'd recommend you try out Loctite super glue gel and it comes in several sizes. I buy the 10g tube with a small end applicator opening that will give you a thing stream of glue on the base of the vanes. I can find it in Lowes and Home Depot here. It holds better than Goat Tuff glue in my humble opinion.

Beyond that I hope this helps and I wish I was going to Cabelas shopping I just received one of their discount coupons. I made myself throw out the new hard bound large sized catalog this morning so I would not have more temptation.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

I have fletched the fusion 2" and 3" vanes. They work great with broadheads.

The Arizona jig I have not used but I have read plenty of great reviews on them. Fred Eichler used his one evening as I watched him do up some pink feathered arrows. He went at it and was done with a dozen arrows in a half hour. There is a new Arizona jig out especially for the 2" vanes that does put on a 3* right helical on each vane. If you plan on using the smaller 2" vanes I'd recommend you check it out. I might add the new Bohning helix 2" jig works great on the 2" Blazer vanes and puts a true 3* on them as well.

I use to use goat tuff and did think it worked. I'd recommend you try out Loctite super glue gel and it comes in several sizes. I buy the 10g tube with a small end applicator opening that will give you a thing stream of glue on the base of the vanes. I can find it in Lowes and Home Depot here. It holds better than Goat Tuff glue in my humble opinion.

Beyond that I hope this helps and I wish I was going to Cabelas shopping I just received one of their discount coupons. I made myself throw out the new hard bound large sized catalog this morning so I would not have more temptation.

I have it too. I use it for my christmas list. lol. I have $145 from my birthday to go shopping. Im getting that & also a deer carrier and am going to try a bottle of standing estrous. Then I'll have my card I got in the mail which will give me another $25 to spend there.

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:05 PM

Several years ago I got the Cabelas visa card and have reaped a lot of bucks as I use it for all my credit card purchases. Kinda nice to get there and have a nice credit waiting on you.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users