1 reply to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

For the few of us that must use crossbows, rail lube is very important. It greatly reduces the friction of your strings serving in contact with the rail. I've got a tube of Horton Rail Lube but I recently was told about a product that is suppose to work wonders. It's a spray lubricant called Jig-A-Loo and is sold by Home Depo. It comes in an orange can. I payed around $5 for a 10.9 oz can. They make a graphite spray too which you don't want for use on your bow. You simply spray a bit on a clean cloth and then wipe it on your crossbow's rail. It is super slick and I've had several crossbow users highly recomend it. It doesn't attract dust and grime like the Horton Rail Lube, and many other lubes, and lasts longer. You should lube the rail about every 20 shots though. Particular with the newer high poundage bows. On the can it says it contains no oil, grease, or wax and will not stain nor drip and can also be used as a water repellent. It can even be used on wood, leather, fabric and plastic. I might try it on an old pair of hunting boots.Anyways I thought I tell you guys about it. :D

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

That is something to keep in mind as I bought a tube of ten point rail lube and it cost me as much as your can of Jig-a-loo did.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users