Gonna Retire

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

Do any of ya'll have that one piece of hunting equipment that you never thought you'd ever replace? It's had a great run and been an impeccable sight, but after shooting with it for about 8 years..... I think this will be the last hunting season my CopperJohn DeadNuts 1 will see. It's not that I don't still love this sight, because I truly do. I just can no longer find the parts I want/need for it. I have 4- .019 pins on it that I have replaced the fiber on 3 times now. I would love to be able to find at least 2 more pins, but it doesn't look like it will happen.... So after this hunting season I'll start looking around at the new generations of CJ and see what appeals to me. I'm staying with CJ because this sight has served me well. When CJ makes the promise of tough... THEY MEAN IT!!!! I have put this sight through holy terror and it has not let me down. I just feel that I need to move on to bigger and better things, and hopefully find another CJ sight that I like equally. To be honest, I'll probably take it off, put the new one on, shoot a few times and decide I don't like the new one, and put old trusty back on..... but we'll see. ;)
Semper Fi

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

Couldn't resist looking a bit early, and I think I've decided on the Dead Nuts Mark IV....... I like the yardage tape and the fact that it only requires one pin for multiple distances. I can see this coming in handy. I'm sure it's gonna take a while to get used to, but I feel this will be a change for the better and I truly hope it is. Copper John hooked me with the Gen. 1 Dead Nuts and I'm gonna give the new generation a shot.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users