• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

Leo what about bugs and such. Is there much of a problem with them. Also what about the poisonous variety of insects and snakes are they a problem to be dealt with at that time of the year. I would think getting into a pit blind would require a thorough search before putting your stocking feet into a hole in the ground.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#32 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

Leo what about bugs and such. Is there much of a problem with them. Also what about the poisonous variety of insects and snakes are they a problem to be dealt with at that time of the year. I would think getting into a pit blind would require a thorough search before putting your stocking feet into a hole in the ground.

S'dudla is in a Malaria free zone. I went in the winter. Although it still gets in the 70s during the day it's cool enough at night that most of the insects and snakes are hibernating. You aren't getting into the blinds at the crack of dawn. It's not dark when you get in. You'll see clearly they are empty before you settle in. None of the African snakes are after people. They don't come after anyone. Just like the snakes here they avoid people. The bugs are actually much more of an issue here than there.
Posted Image

#33 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:03 AM

Good stuff Leo. All very good information. My experience in Africa has been a bit different because I have gone earlier in the year when it was very wet and rainy, which makes archery hunting difficult. Can't wait to get back over there.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users