#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

Posted Image

It was a bit of a long distance struggle to get this taxidermist to get it done but I finally got here about a week or so ago.
I left the buck out there at a taxidermist the outfitter used for his animals and I saw his work in his home and I was impressed with his mounts. The taxidermist is out of Colorado Springs and I hunt south of there about an hour.
I had no one here in Ohio that I knew that does pronghorn on a regular basis so I felt it was better I left it in the hands of a service that does do them.
I was originally promised this would be done in 9 months and it took 13 months.
At 9 months I started calling and asking what's the delay and I heard all the excuses they could muster. Oh well---- now it's water under the bridge and I think he looks pretty good up on my office wall.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 08 October 2010 - 09:20 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

13 months isn't too bad. I've waited more than a year a couple times. Twice I waited significantly longer. Once 18 months and the longest wait was 26 months!
Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

13 months isn't too bad. I've waited more than a year a couple times. Twice I waited significantly longer. Once 18 months and the longest wait was 26 months!

Those are some amazing delays. About everyone of the animals I have had done where delivered here within a year or less and most of them around 10 months. All have been done out of State and one out of the Country.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:56 PM

Not only got the back but you got the head and neck too. Good looking mount. That is one enyone would be proud of.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

Nice Rowdy !
Looking at him sure is giving me the itch to get out there after em agin !
Posted Image

#6 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

Congratulations brother, he looks great!

I think I have about 20 animals in the taxidermist right now. I just keep pushing forward

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Phil I know you guys will be putting a few speed goats on ice on your trip coming up very soon - good luck. Bonecollector34 thanks I know you have your eye on a few book bucks close to home and hope y'all have some luck getten on em.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 15 October 2010 - 12:28 PM.

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

Thanks Rowdy

We do done well on speedgoats here usually

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#9 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

That's a beautiful mount-congrads.......................
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#10 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:16 AM

NIce looking goat Rowdy! I love it when guys like you get out and explore beyond their backyard. The mount is a great reminder of the good times you've had. Keep up the good work!

I know Seth Heasley and Bruce McCown will be adding goat mounts to their homes. Phil dropped a mule deer yesterday in Colorado and is heading back to Wyoming today (10-26-10) for fill his pronghorn tag. I'm betting he'll score.
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#11 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

I could have sworn I already replied to this. (I think Leo has been playing with the magic buttons again just messing with me. :P )

Nice p'horn. I've never really seen one up close. It is fascinating to me how they are the only animal in the world I know of to shed horns. I guess it's just the outer portion that sheds, leaving behind a solid core. That core somehow actually begins the growth of a new outer sheath from hair, of all things. (I guess their horns are mostly comprised of the same cells that make up their fur. How neat/weird is that?!) I'd like to touch one some day. Definitely wouldn't mind having one hanging on my wall either.

Anyway, congratulations. Yeah, I know it doesn't mean much now and a promise is certainly a promise. But, I wouldn't have even believed them up front if they had told me anything short of one year wait time. (I don't think anything I've ever had done took less than a year. :lol: )

Will, thanks for the update on Philip and the Whistle Pig... oh, and Bruce too. :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users