9 replies to this topic

#1 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:21 AM

What is the strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?

1. back of my head (had to go to the emergency room) - nough said.
2. dead chicken
3. Baby owl - wind caught a cast while bass fishing and blew it into an old tree stump. Mama fell into the water and flew off when I pulled on the line - DNR rescued the babies.
4. Recently caught a Shimano reel and a Rhino indistructable rod while cat fishing - like brand new - cleaned it up and it still works.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:57 AM

I caught a coleman lattern with the gas still in it. I too caught or snagged a fishing line that had a musky rig attached, shimano bait caster reel worth around $400 and a g-loomis musky rod around $350 out of cabelas. I would hate to be that guy telling my wife I lost that rig. Dead racoon once. I hooked a water snake in the mouth!!!! Alright I'll stop before my my fishing stories become whoopers_________. :rofl:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 07 July 2006 - 06:35 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:13 AM

Can't say that I caught much exotic stuff but a little 14 inch walleye caught me once. We were in Canada about 100 dirt road miles from the hospital. I was using a thunderstick with 3 sets of very wicked trebles. I was trying to grab the fish and it flopped and the thunderstick swung around and got me good, three hooks in two fingers I got two out myself and the Camp owner yanked the other one out for me. His wife asked me if I wanted some whiskey and I replied I did not think it would get infected and she said no no to drink. :lol:
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:52 AM

bullfrog when i was flyfishing for bluegills at a pond. thats fun on a 4x tippet. and a trout on a crankbait that as i was unhooking it sunk the other set of trebles in my thumb as it was thrashing around.

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:05 PM

:lol: Caught my nephew once. He walked behind me when i was letting fly. He needed stitches on that one.
Caught a HUGE snapping turtle once. I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to get it off when it broke my line.
Caught a real nice 5 tine spear once too. :huh: Wonder why someone would throw one of them away! :lol:
Caught a 5 foot watersnake. Didn't fillet it. Too skinney.
Caught a set of bed springs.
Caught myself many times.
Caught a clam.
Caught a few fishing rods
Caught bottom and pulled up a mass of line the size of a soccer ball full of walleye rigs and sinkers that I am still using to this day. There must have been 100 sinkers in that mass. That was with my sturgeon rig.

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:17 PM

What is the strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?

1. back of my head (had to go to the emergency room) - nough said.
2. dead chicken
3. Baby owl - wind caught a cast while bass fishing and blew it into an old tree stump. Mama fell into the water and flew off when I pulled on the line - DNR rescued the babies.
4. Recently caught a Shimano reel and a Rhino indistructable rod while cat fishing - like brand new - cleaned it up and it still works.

DEAD CHICKEN!!! :lol:

That's funny right there. I don't care who ya are. Were you casting accross a road?

I had bats hit my fly, while fly fishing one evening. Didn't hook one though.

I once almost accidently hooked a manatee. Glad I didn't.

One time we tried fishing for bass with gummy worms. They actually work :lol: They don't last too many casts though. Wierdest most effective bait was a piece of McDonalds straw fishing for spanish mackerel. Nothing else came close to catching as many. :o

Turtles, frogs, gators and snakes... sooner or later down here you'll hook one. :yes:

Octopus and squid are weird things to bring in.
Posted Image

#7 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:45 AM

I hooked the chicken near a dock - figured someone either lost their sunday dinner or was throwing out big pieces of chum :blink: Don't know but it stunk :wacko:

eels are the worst thing to catch - when you get him to the top of the water he starts winding up the line to the tip of your rod :help: Then you just have to wait for an opportunity to cut the line.

#8 johnf

johnf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:12 PM

I caught a big bullfrog on a top water once.

My dad and I caught the same catfish at the same time once. We wer fishing about 25 yards apart in the same stream.

I caught a little perch last year and a cotton mouth nabbed it before I got it out of the water. I cut the line and let him eat it.

#9 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:15 PM

Make note to self (self don't ever go fishing with Vicky if I don't want to come home with extra holes in my body). :blink: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sorry :lol:

And JohnF, Welcome to the campfire. B) ;)
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#10 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:56 AM

Caught a Seagull,Peligan and a Zebco reel and pole(threw them back in)....Lots of logs and branches...........
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users