4 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

My bow is a PSE "Beast" it's 8 yrs old possibly 9. I was checking the limbs and I found what may be a crack. The limbs are solid and where the crotch of the limb is for the cam to fit, its reinforced. The reinforcing plate (for lack of words) appears to have a crack on one side but the limb itself appears fine. The crack appears across the top and down oneside of the plate but not the other side. I wonder how much shooting I have left with her before I learn how PSE got the point-shoot-explode nickname? I wont have the money to my a new bow till january when I get my bonus from work. I tried taking a pic. Hope this is ok. It's the left side of the U. When you click & enlarge the pic it looks like a hairline. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Whitetiger, 18 October 2010 - 08:22 PM.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

Email those pictures to PSE and see what they say.
Posted Image

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

Email those pictures to PSE and see what they say.

Good idea Leo....Thanks!

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

Not able to email them. The website says to call or go to pse dealer. Would have posted it on their forum but thats down. Im not going to get it repaired. I told my wife and I'm going to be getting a new bow. Hello PSE Bow Madness XS.

Edited by Whitetiger, 19 October 2010 - 06:56 AM.

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:48 AM

I've always heard to use a cotton ball to find the small cracks. The method is simple just whip the limbs and or riser with a loose cotton ball and see if the threads of cotton gets snagged or hungup on a crack. You can use a finger nail to rub over it to see if is there too. If you have a crack do not use the bow till you replace that part. That's how folks get injured by archery equipment.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 19 October 2010 - 09:31 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users