5 replies to this topic

#1 GP@AZ

GP@AZ

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

We had another great year with Elk again this year. Three years in a row that we have had elk on the ground. Yes you say three years, we put in for cow tags, which are really easy to get now that some units put out 900 tags. They say you can't eat the antlers which is true. But I would one day like to see how a nice big bull antlers taste. Now we have a very very full freezer I think I will start putting in for that sought after bull tag. Now that we have learned the area we have seen some really nice bulls. One very big 6x6 just stood their looking at us at less than 30 yards. I don't know how to estimate the class 380, 400 or such. But i know a big bull when I see one and he was a GIANT. Were are going to try to make a date with a couple of these big boys next year. This is not the only large bull that we have seen their.:rolleyes:

#2 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

Sweet! I hope to go out after an elk one day. Freezer meat is always good but the hunt for a trophy is what is all about. I usually take all my freezer meat right off the bat the begining of bow season then when tha rut is on I hold out for them tasty antlers :rofl: Reflecting on all my mounts gives me great joy and a great appreciation for the game.

Steve

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

Congratulations on the elk. The only time I hunted them was a few years ago in Colorado. Of course being from PA I knew little about elk hunting but if I were to go back armed with what I learned on the first trip my chances would be much better. I may be getting too old for that though. Naa my body refuses at times to do what my young mind tells it to do. I will say that our ridges are not near as high as those in Colorado but are just as steep and more rocky than out there. Hunting around here sure isn't like hunting a vertical Kansas.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

Congrats :clap: :clap:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:30 AM

George congrats and great job,

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#6 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

sweet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users