6 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

Went to another gun show this morning and came home with a new Kel Tec PF9 9mm and a new holster for it. It will be my primary carry with my Kel Tec P32 as back up. The holster is very unique in that about any handgun you can name, full sized, compact, sub-compact, or revolver will easily fit in it. They were selling like hot cakes at the show. Jason came home with a sweetttttt new Ruger 1022 that has a custom trigger job and a hammer forged bull barrel. I'll post pics of it once he mounts a scope on it. Had a great day shared with Jason and we both got what we wanted. :D Here's my new OD Green & Black KT PF9 9mm and holster;

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:37 PM

How about a side by side pic with the P32, Norm. :P

What kind of weight difference are we talking between the two both loaded out?

I really like the accessory rail. Begs for a laser or tactical light. Getting me in trouble again...

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

The PF-9 weighs 18.2 Ozs loaded. The P-32 weighs 9.4 Ozs loaded
The PF-9 is 8/10" wide The P-32 is 3/4" wide
The PF-9 is 5.85" long The P-32 is 5.1" long
The PF-9 is 4.3" tall The P-32 is 3.5" tall
Barrel Length is 3.1" Barrel Length is 2.7"
Trigger Pull 5lbs Trigger Pull 5lbs
Capacity 7 + 1 Capacity 7 + 1

Here's a better pic of the PF-9 too. (Just a pic of the same pistol off Gun Broker.) By the way, the grip extension, on mine, comes with the pistol when you buy it. It's super easy to put on. The colors I've seen come in Grey, Wallet brown, OD Green, and kind of a Grey Blue. The Slides in Matte Blue, Parkerized and Hard Chrome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here they are with the P-32 laying on top of the PF-9

Posted Image

The PF-9 has gotten some pretty impressive reviews. I carried it around town for two days now in the Holster Kings Universal Holster, outside my waistband on my belt. It is so light I hardly notice it's there. It's so thin that all I needed to do to conceal it was just pull my t-shirt over it.. I carry it on my right side and the P-32 on the left. I had to sight in 3 muzzleloaders today so I shot the PF-9. It does have some slight muzzle jump if you don't hold it tight but not as bad as you might think for it being so light. Recoil is quite managable and the accuracy was VERY impressive! The sights are adjustable for windage but must be shimmed for elevation. The back has two very visable white dots and the front has one. They must be very visable because I could see them quite clearly without my glasses on.:lol: There was no need for adjustments as, at 10 yards I hit exactly where I was aiming. I fired the full magazine and there were no flyers nor missfeeds. I carry 7 in the magazine, 1 in the chamber, of Hornady Custom 9mm Luger 124gr JHP/XTP's I'm more than happy with it.:D Yeppers Jerimiah, I like the Tac Rail too. I'm saving to put a Crimson Trace laser sight on it. It would still easily fit in the Holster Kings holster.

Edited by Spirithawk, 28 October 2010 - 02:38 PM.

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

Norm, Sweet! always nice to get a new toy!
Semper Fi

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

Norm, Sweet! always nice to get a new toy!

Thanks Terry. I've been wanting a PF-9 since they came out. It's crazy that they cost about the same as the .32 and .308's. Mine was $299.99. I couldn't be any more happier with it. :D

#6 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:31 AM

Norm, and you should be. Have you gotten any range time with it yet? I wanna see some pics of your groups up here ;)
Semper Fi

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

Norm, and you should be. Have you gotten any range time with it yet? I wanna see some pics of your groups up here ;)

I just shot a magazine through it yesterday. It sure impressed me and Jason. Right out of the box it was dead on. Guys on the Kel Tec Forums say that's normal. One of the moderators can hit a 3 x 4 steel plate every shot at 40 yards. Pretty darn accurate for a short barreled semi auto. I'd have saved my target yesterday but we were sighting in 3 muzzleloaders and it got punched full of .50 caliber holes before I thought to save it. Hey, we were having fun! :lol: Next time I shoot it I'll make it a point to take pics though. Anyone looking for a conceal carry and wants a firearm that is accurate, packs a lethal punch, is light and easy to carry and conceal, is well made and very afordable would be extremely hard pressed to top the PF-9, if you even could. I've had Jason's Para P10, his XD Compact 9mm and XD .45 on my belt and each felt like I was carrying a brick around. They are all great guns but even Jason has mentioned how heavy they get when carried for long periods of time. Carrying the PF-9 you hardly feel it's there. To me, that is a very big plus! If you enjoy carrying a weapon you're certainly more likely to do so. I also like that it has the Tac Rail too. I see a Crimson Trace Laser in it's and my future. :D

Edited by Spirithawk, 25 November 2010 - 10:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users