14 replies to this topic

#1 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

Well after 6 years of trying to get his first deer. He scores. He decided to go with me yesterday. No stand was set for him. He wasn't sure he was going to hunt this year. Put him in the weeds down wind of a trail I saw a buck use last Sunday. Using a Camo camp chair set 15 feet from the trail in tall brush. A pile of corn sprayed with Camer Deer. 1hr 45 minutes later a buck comes up the trail and at 15 ft. He had a quartering to shot . In just infront the right shoulder and exited just behind the right shoulder. Deer ran about 75 yards and expired. Never have seen this buck on the property. He had only half his rack. with 3 scoreable points. He had used my crossbow and only had one arrow. He got the job done.
]http://i172.photobuc...62/IMG_1612.jpg
]http://i172.photobuc...32010183534.jpg

Edited by FrankSr, 24 October 2010 - 12:23 PM.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

I'm not sure I've got the guts to head to the field with only one arrow. :lol:

Congratulations to him! Six years ain't so bad... I bet he's glad to have #1 notched though.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

Please express a big congrats Paladin and a pat on the back for sticking to it all these years. I hope it was a special moment for him and you.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

Going out for 6 years, that is determination and dedication, taking only one arrow is supreme confidence. Congratulations on your first.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

very cool!

#6 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

Six years is definately patience. Congrats!

#7 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

Ok lets clarify it took 6 years to have enough patience to set in one spot long enough to see a deer. He only had 1 arrow because he has misplaced the quiver so I would only let him carry 1. I am really proud of him. Of course Dad had to do all the field dressing and butchering. It was a long night.

#8 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

Frank, how old is he? Some people take alot of time to get to where they can sit for long periods of time and just enjoy the outdoors while waiting on a deer to come by. Some, like me, have the patience, but after a couple of hours sitting in the stand/blind etc... start to feel like they were worked over by a baseball bat. and HAVE to move. LOL Congrats to him on his first. I always thought that "Dad" was supposed to field dress and butcher his son's first buck anyway? LOL
Semper Fi

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

Yep that is what dad's are for. Son shoots and dad gets to clean it out. For a while with Eric and I we field dressed each others deer. Now we each do our own. Of course we have been hunting with each other for more years than some of you are old.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#10 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

congratulations!

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#11 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

Way to go Young- hunter, yeah I remember a bunch of years ago not being able to sit still.
But after lots of running around and not seeing game, I guess O"L Dad was right in my case
that just being observant more would help in the woods. Any more I love to field dress game
just to see what they are eating. Again congrats.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#12 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

He is 18 now we started this journey when he was 12. Hunter ed course together with his brother and Mom. Yes Mom wants to hunt too. Just haven't figured out how to take a chemical stool to the woods. She will only hunt on the ground so have to invest in a blind. Since Chris was hiding in the weeds to get his deer she is thinking this might work for her.

#13 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

Frank any way we can increase the ranks of hunters, I say go for it. If she wants to hunt from the ground support her fully, the way I see it, the more hunters we have now the more secure our rights are in the future. ;)
Semper Fi

#14 young_hunter12

young_hunter12

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

thanks for all the congrats its was exciting im glad i finally got one i wasa always either too cold to stay out or couldnt sit still

#15 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

Congrats again. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users