• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

For the past several days I have been seeing along the upper left edge of my screen a list printed in Brown of what appears to be a listing of the whole site. Starts with community and ends with contact. It appears in the background and the ad and forums are in the forground. Could this be a bleed over from the home page?
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

Somethings not right. Not seeing it on mine Paul.

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

It sounds to me like you're running Internet Explorer version 6 as your web browser. The new forum layout has not yet been optimized for that version. However, I will begin that work shortly which should take care of you.

Truthfully, some of the features of the forum simply can not be optimized for that browser. Internet Explorer is currently 3 full versions (and nearly 10 years) newer than version 6. Simply put, web standards are virtually light years beyond what IE 6 was ever capable of.

There are also several security risks to also consider with still running IE 6 as well. Upgrading is FREE no matter what version of Windows you are running. Personally, I would not hesitate to upgrade.
http://www.microsoft...wide-sites.aspx

If, for some reason, you need to stay with IE 6, then I would consider downloading a second web browser and using it for all web surfing other than the few items that IE 6 is required for. My first alternate choice would be Firefox.
http://www.getfirefox.com

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users