3 replies to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

Posted Image

I decided to have some fun and shoot my old Wolverine LK-II. I had a bunch of different bullets laying around and thought I would give them a try. All this was done at 70 yards.

The center target was shot free hand with 85 grains of Goex 3f and a 240 grain T/C Mag Express Magnum sabot combination. I was using CCI Magnum #11 caps.

I then loaded 100 grains of Goex 2f. I had some 295 grain copper jacketed hollow point powerbelts laying around. I shot off the single bad rest at the lower left corner bulls eye, and was really surprise and pleased at how well it shot the powerbelts. I did swab between all shots and it shot a very respective group.

I then loaded 100 grains of Triple Se7en 2f and some 240 grain XTP's. I fired two shots at the upper right bulls eye, and they touched but shot a little higher then I thought. I then put an MMP sub base under the next and it threw that way out of the group.

For the lower right corner bulls eye, I got some 300 grain all copper jacketed, Speer Gold Dots in .452 and loaded 100 grains of Goex 2f. Not a real impressive group but they shot all right.

In the upper left corner of the target I decided to use some HUNTERMAN BOOLETS. They are a pure lead spitzer tip hollow point in 280 grain. I loaded them in .452 Knight/MMP sabot. I swabbed the barrel clean to start and it shot a dead center bull. So I then wanted to see if it would load on a fowled barrel. It did, but shot high. So I swabbed the barrel and shot again, striking to the right a little. I loaded on a fowled barrel for the second time and it shot at the 2 o'clock position. Wanting to see how the swabbing effected this I swabbed again and touched holes on the number three shot. These were shot with 100 grains of Goex 2f and CCI Magnum caps. These Hunterman Boolets are a well made all lead bullet. People that are required by their laws to shoot an all lead bullet should look into Mark's bullets. I think they would like them a lot...
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:01 PM

Cayugad I guess we both had the same idea today I just made a post of a target I shot today too. It must have been a Knight kind of day. Good shooting. Your Knight must be like mine shoots respectable with just about anything you put in it.
Mine just will not shoot Bill Davis's great plains type bullets though.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

The real shocker was how well this Wolverine shot the Powerbelts. I was only going to shoot a couple of them until I saw the group that was forming. I then wanted to see if it would throw one. As long as I swab the bore, this Wolverine will shoot them..
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:13 AM

I haven't tried powerbelts out of my Bighorn yet but will get to it one of these days.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users