• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Last night we took back the house and nearly took the senate, It was the biggest change in power since the 30's. what will we do with this power? Will the Obama's administration take this to heart and start working on true bipartisan politics? If they do will Obama get a 2nd term. One thing is for sure if they dont he will be a one term president. Another thing that is for sure, If the republicans go back to business as usual it will potentially ruin the party for decades.

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

Timothy we got on this subject at lunch today. The best formula for our government is to have one of the 3 branches controlled by a different party than what the other 2 are controlled by. Being too much of a good or bad thing is a bad thing. I don't want to see a 100% republican government and I don't want to see a 100% democratic government. I would like to see a balanced government that can work for the people and make the choices that this country needs. Everyone hits a bump in the road at some point, and may need some type of assistance, which is what unemployment was originally designed to provide for, not take care of the lazy &*((^*&%&*^%((* that are too sorry to get off their butt and get a job. (Or in cases I've personally seen....) Driving a NEW LEXUS to the grocery store, buying $500 worth of groceries on food stamps, collecting unemployment, and complaining when they have to break one of about 50 $100 bills, to buy $.50 worth of bags..(I used to work at a low-cost, mostly generic brands grocery store that sold the bags to reduce overall cost of the groceries) I hate to see the system manipulated while I work insane hours to pay the taxes that pay them to sit on their hind end. Obama was right when he said this country needed changes, unfortunately the changes we needed didn't include him. Nothing against the guy, he was handed a crap hand from the get go, but he's spent BILLIONS on his world tour, he has been out of the Whitehouse more days than he has been in it. Obama-care is a joke that I really hope gets nixed. One of the provisions I remember hearing about is the people with company provided or supplemented insurance would have to pay taxes on their healthcare to pay for the unemployed or uninsured to have healthcare. I would personally like to see about 3/4 of the house and senate populated by good ole country boys with good ole common sense. Fill it up with the people who have worked for everything they have like the small time farmers, ranchers and salt of the earth people that they are supposed to be representing, and who REALLY built this country. Of course everyone has their opinion on it and that's just mine, I'll get off my soapbox now. :o)
Semper Fi

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

Now we have a whole bunch of people going to Washington to not just change it but to transform it according to the electorates desires. It is now up to us to keep them informed of not only how they got elected but what our feelings and comments are on pending legislation. Remember without our input to our elected congressmen and women they are pretty much on their own in decision making just like those before them. Yes they have a responsibility to us but we have a responsibility to them to keep them informed of what we the people want.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:41 AM

i like the replies. there is one thing that obama has made sure we didnt forget. this is all bushs' mess.... now i was a kid but i can read and wasnt the economy great with a democrat in executive office and republicans running the house and senate? that could also be attributed to the internet boom too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users