• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

The other day I took my new scoped 22 in quest of a pot of squirrels. Well, I thought my squirrel rifle was spot on but to my dismay I never hit even one. They were out and about and obviously had not been hunted as they paid me little attention. I had numerous opportunities but just could not head shot any. This afternoon I got the rifle and went to the bench and by golly it was hitting an inch and a half low and an inch to the right. Now if it does not rain tomorrow the dream of squirrel pot pie or a pan of fried squirrel may just be a reality.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

Paul, anything come to mind as far as what might have happened with the scope? A bump that may have been just a bit too hard? something like that?
Semper Fi

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:57 PM

Terry no I had not bumped it. This time I did sight in at a closer yardage. Don't know what happened other than operator error the first time I sighted it in. When I looked at the first sight in target my last couple of bullets were just a tad to the right. It is hitting near perfect now. I made sure this time.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 03 November 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

Looking forward to a nice pot pie pic. :)-

I haven't hunted small game since I was a kid. :blush:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

Good luck Paul. Jason and I were just talking earlier tonight about having the craving for some fried squirrel. I just may go after some before the weeks out. :)

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

I don't believe I have hunted small game since you were a kid either but got the itch recently when I bought a quality 22 lr dedicated scope. Plus turkeys don't come in in my wmu till the 13th so I have a little time to do some.

#7 jdan

jdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

I like the precision of squirrels when an inch, heck a half inch can make the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users