• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

Eric and I went to area 2g here in PA to hunt turkeys. We got to our camp while it was still dark. One camp member Rod was there overnight and one came right behind us. The one that came just after us was going to hunt deer. Eric and I went to one part of the property and Rod to another. We did have a turkey that sounded off on the roost but three deer started snorting just below us and we never saw the turkey. We did call for a while but all that came in was a turkey with an orange hat. Yep we called Rod in. We then decided to hunt different spots. Eric and I took a wide loop and eventually got back to the truck without seeing any turkeys or even any evidence. Saw lots of buck sign though. In the afternoon Eric and I went all the way to the other side of our property to an oak flat. Even there all we saw was deer sign and a little bear sign. We did not see any turkeys all day but buck sign was everywhere. We even saw several bucks but they were small racks. Saw the biggest scrape I have seen in a very long time and a set of deer tracks that I would love to see the maker.

For those that think fall turkey is way too easy, think again. You have to find them first. Oh well if we scored everytime out it would not be fun.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users