• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

After lunch at church today I hurried home and grabbed a couple rifles and a handgun and Eric and I headed to a friends farm to do a little sighting in. We can shoot a really long ways but for sighting in decided to shoot on a short distance this time. I set up at 200 yds and leveled the 7mm mag at the target. After getting it sighted in where I wanted it my last two shots were in the bull and only about 1/2 inch apart. If I recallect that would be only 1/4 MOA and that was a lasered 203 yds. I was not shooting off a bench either. I was shooting with a caldwell sled look alike from the tailgate of my truck but it worked well till the sun began to flare out the scopes. I am not happy with my 270 yet so will shoot it a couple more times to fine tune it. I was all over with my 41 mag at a little over 30 yds so have to do a bit more shooting with it too. That my friends is a great way to spend an afternoon.

I just wish my father-in-law was alive to hear how well that 7mm shoots. I think I could shoot the fuzz off a ticks ear with it and those 160 gr nosler partitions.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:25 AM

Paul, that does sound like a fun afternoon. LOL
Semper Fi

#3 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

Paul,
Purdy soon, you'll be poppin' flies off the wall with Jed Clampett and Jethro. Just be careful not to mistake shootin' any bumblebees instead, as they get down right onry if'n you jes' wing 'em! :rofl:

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

Geof thanks for the info. Guess if I decide to shoot bumblebees I will have to dead center em so me and Jed and Jethro won't get stung. Them thar bumblebees are too big a target anyhows.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users