8 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

Jason and I went to the gun show in Springfield again. We go about every other month. Had a really good time looking at guns and Jason sold two rifles. What was great about that is that he was then able to buy something he'd been wanting for a really long time. he got a new T/C Encore Pro Hunter in .223. He wanted a .270 but they didn't have one so he's just going to buy a .270 barrel for it. it really made my day to see him get something he wanted so badly for so long. To say the least he's pretty excited. here's a pic of his new toy;

Posted Image

I didn't buy much but got myself a spare magazine and magazine pouch for my PF-9 plus a laser sight. Didn't find the "pinky extentions" for my P-32 magazines that I wanted but still I was pretty happy with what I got. Except for hunting, or fishing with him, a day spent at a good gun show with Jason is my favorite thing to do. Today I found out I have pneumonia again so I'm savoring yesterday and our new toys all that much more. :)

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 05 December 2010 - 04:51 PM.

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

Norm, watch that pneumonia, we don't need any flub ups..........We want you healthy ASAP......... Listen to the Dr.s and get well soon. I'm glad you had fun at the gun show, but you're a member of the family and I'll say it again everyone here wants you healthy!!! Take care of yourself buddy....
Semper Fi

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

Norm, watch that pneumonia, we don't need any flub ups..........We want you healthy ASAP......... Listen to the Dr.s and get well soon. I'm glad you had fun at the gun show, but you're a member of the family and I'll say it again everyone here wants you healthy!!! Take care of yourself buddy....

Thanks bud, I'll be ok. At least I found out early before it got bad. The doc prescribed an inhaler, steroids, atibiotics, morphine and a super heavy duty cold medicine. A quick trip to town tomorrow to the pharmacy and then it's home and bed for a few days. Gotta shake this before the 17th. Going to my brother-in-law's to muzzleloader hunt. Regular firearms season was kind of a bust. It was cold and high winds the whole time we were there. Hoping this trip will be better.

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:55 PM

I echo Terry's comments. You take care and get well soon.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

I echo Terry's comments. You take care and get well soon.

Thanks bro. You know me, 110% ornery so I'll get through it. I kinda thought it might be Pneumonia again but it still surprised me when they said it was. Doctor's say if I keep getting it it will one day do me in. Gee, after about 12 or more times you'd think I'd have learned by now. Thing is I really was being careful this year, least I thought I was. Problem is that no matter how careful I am if I come in the region of someone else with a cold I catch it and it soon turns to this. Good thing is I got to the doctor before it got bad. Now it's just rest and dreaming about guns and hunting untill I get better. Guess I'll take a clue from Terry's little man and read me lots of hunting magazines. :lol: Thanks again for the well wishes guys and trust me, you all are definitely family. Paul, you're the brother I always wanted and now feel I have. ;) :D

Edited by Spirithawk, 06 December 2010 - 05:04 PM.

#6 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

You are gonna have to start slowing down a bit, old timer. We ain't spring chickens anymore, just a pair of old buzzards. Take it easy and soon you will be able to make it around the kitchen with your walker. ;)

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

Thanks bud. I don't have a Walker, just a Boxer I call Lug Nut. ;) :lol:

#8 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

Hey Norm, new toys are always good. Did Jason ever go on that hunt to Arizona?

Steve

#9 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

Hey Norm, new toys are always good. Did Jason ever go on that hunt to Arizona?

Steve

Yeppers Steve, ya got that right. :D He wanted to last season but was unable so he's taking it tis next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users