• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

My son had a banner year of hunting for 2010. He starts the spring of with a record book black bear of 7 foot plus. He then gets a 13 1/4 inch antelope with the bow. To end his season in the general rifle season he shot a nice 4x5 mule deer but it don't stop there. On the last day of the season and the last minutes of legal shooting light he pulls out a hat trick and gets a 6x6 that scored 350 inches go figure.
My self I had an ok season but nothing with the bow. I ended up getting a doe antelope and a cow elk but the most memorable was the 4x5 whitetail buck. I waisted two doe tags because I knew if I didn't shoot the does the bucks would be around sooner or later. I was four for five at rattling bucks in the last week of the season. I rattled the 4x5 out of some thick cover and it took another hour before I could get a clear shot.
I guess what makes this buck so special was the gun I used. Early on in the season I had a mishap with my favorite 270. While coming down from elk hunting in the dark on the four wheeler I slid into a tree and bent the barrel. So I was left with using my dads 300 H&H for the rest of the season. I guess it was kind of an omen and I think my dad was with me when I shot the deer.
Of course I don't have any pictures of either deer and Tyler's antelope but I have one of the elk and bear of which most of you have seen.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

Sounds like a great season. I'm just waiting on the day my son can go out there with me. He's already been bitten by the bug, but he's still a bit too small. LOL
Semper Fi

#3 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

Great elk and a great season, congrats to you and your son.

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

Congrats to the both of you.
Good lookin' elk and boy.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users