2 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

Thought a topic like this might be useful. The Highway Patrols " Missouri Concealed Weapons Law" booklet lists the following places you can't carry with a CCW;

. Any Police,Sheriff, or Highway Patrol office or station without consent
. within 25 feet of any polling place on election day
. adult or juvenile jail or institution
. courthouse or facilities
. any meeting of a government body (except by a member with a concealed carry endorsement)
. bar without consent
. airport
. where prohibited by federal law
. schools
. child care facility (without consent of manager)
. riverboat gambling facility
. amusement parks
. any church or place of worship without permission of minister or person representing religious organazation
.any sports arena or stadium with seating of more than 5,000
. hospitals
. private or public property where posted

Possesion of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any of the above listed locations is not prohibited so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises. Carrying a concealed firearm in any location specified above is not a criminal act. However, you can be denied access to the premises or may be removed from the premises for doing so. If a peace officer is called;
. upon first offense you can be cited and fined up to $100
. if within six months a second offense occurs you can be fined up to $200 and your concealed firearms endorsement can be suspended for a period of one year.
. if within one year of the first offense a third citation for a similar violation is issued, you may be fined up to $500 and your concealed carry endorsement revoked. If your concealed carry endorsement is revoked you are not eligible for the endorsement for a period of three years.

Edited by Spirithawk, 12 December 2010 - 09:11 PM.

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

Very useful info Norm. Some people may think, "I've got the permit, I can carry it everywhere I go" Ofcourse the rules will vary state to state, county to county, and possibly even town to town. It's best to check the local laws and make sure you follow them. Every violation is fuel for the anti's to feed the anti-gun agenda.
Semper Fi

#3 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

You are right, it does vary from state to state, I have posted this site before, very helpful if you have a permit, and travel. I would like to see this as a " sticky" at the top of the handgun forum. http://www.handgunlaw.us/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users