1 reply to this topic

#1 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:05 PM

Me and a friend have max points and I've been researching areas to hunt. Looked at some of areas in NW but have wondered from comments I've seen whether those are on decline due to wolves/Griz or not. I am not sure whether we are looking at Do it yourself or an outfitter. Just wanted to get your opinion on what units might be good max point options. I've looked at Unit 7, 22, 24, 30, 31, 100 and 111 also. Any input would be appreciated.

#2 beww

beww

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

Probably too late for thus year, but maybe next season:

My brother and his friends have had good luck this past few weeks on the Y-Cross Ranch, about 25 miles northwest of Cheyenne, not exactly NW, but there are elk there.

Obviously you need permission to hunt, and they restrict the number of hunters, as well as the days, more so that the G&F does. They apparently open the area, then close it down for 10 days or so, then reopen it, hoping the elk will think the season is over.

It seems to work, on 3 separate outings they were back the same day (to Cheyenne), with a truck full of critter. Cows only, but they say a lot of bulls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users