• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tim39

Tim39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

I bought my first bow and went to the lower money end on a martin cheetah,it was nice and comfortable shooting for the first 40 shots then the strings snapped and slid the module.I dont think anything broke other than strings but its going to the shop anyway.Can anyone else help me on this bow? IS this a cse of bad luck or bad choice of bow?

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

I'd say bad luck. Martin makes good stuff. If the shop you take it to is a Martin dealer they should take good care of you.
Posted Image

#3 Tim39

Tim39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

I'd say bad luck. Martin makes good stuff. If the shop you take it to is a Martin dealer they should take good care of you.

I bought it in Sheels out of Billings Mont ive already phoned them and it sounds promising,just a 4 and a half hour drive back there.Im in canada and they say they cant ship hunting supplies through customs any longer.

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:50 PM

Yes, customs is killing Canada. (Last I heard, you can still technically get some stuff through, but it will cost dearly.)

But, anyway... concerning the bow. Scheels and Martin should take care of you. Do make sure to have the Scheels tech look over the cam and also watch you shoot an arrow or two. For a string to break on a new bow there had to have been a burr or sharp edge on something that cut it or the bow would have had to be torqued enough to make the string jump the cam track.

Sometimes I wish I was rich and had a teleportation machine. I'd beam on up to your house and have a look. :lol:
Oh well, let us know how it goes.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Tim39

Tim39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

I bought it in Sheels out of Billings Mont ive already phoned them and it sounds promising,just a 4 and a half hour drive back there.Im in canada and they say they cant ship hunting supplies through customs any longer.

I called sheels and im going down to Bilings on newyears to see what they have to say but im going with a bur on the cam or a small object caught in it;i know for a fact it has never been dry fired in my posetion and when it broke i had mayby 4 inches pull back,it was like it would have broke laying on the bench in the next day with out touching it

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:53 AM

I would specifically look at where the string broke to help identify the problem area. Make sure you bring the broken string with you.
Posted Image

#7 Tim39

Tim39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

Happy to report I am home from my trip to Billings to see the fine people at sheels,they were 100% HELPFUL in getting me set up with a new bow and sent my old one to Martin to figure out what went wrong.So far as we could tell it looked like the module cut the string.Anyway I was totally impressed with the help I received and alco put on an axion 6 inch balancer,it shoots great.Also picked up a Hoyt xt 2000 super tec used,my son wants to try one.Thanks everyone for the help.

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

Sounds like you have every reason to have a great big smile. Of course now that you are outfitted with a great new bow and set up you don't dare miss. Just kidding but it is great to hear that some folks stand right there behind their products and stores stand behind those they sell.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#9 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

Good deal. Yeah, sometimes if a module doesn't quite line up to the cam right or happens to have a screw loosen, it can do that.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users