• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

shot my cow at 300 yards, 2 shots to the vitals. then Today I guided a hunter to his cow elk. on the way down the mountain he slowed down and then sped up and sucked his elk down the tunnel of his snow mobile. kind of a funny looking picture.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

Congrats on the elk you make it sound so easy to get one of those critters. Maybe the title of the pic should be snowmobiles like the taste of elk too. Lol
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

Sounds like a great hunt
Semper Fi

#4 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

Its definatly not easy for me. I hike alot, I get off the trails, and roads and walk the game trails or through the brush a long way to look for um. This time of the year is fun to hunt them though, if they decide to lay out in the open you can spot them with the nakid eye for thousands of yards. check to make sure with field glasses then start hiking to them.

#5 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

I can promise you that I am hurting after breaking trail for 2 days through waist high snow too!

#6 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

Good for you guys Timothy. Now that would be the way I would get them critters out of the woods also.
I own 2 sleds also.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#7 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

Im not a big fan of sleds, mainly because they are a pain! but if its a packed trail or good snow conditions i can have a little fun on them. Im also used to riding on 20+ year old sleds. this guy who drug that elk out with his sled, well i could get used to riding on one of those. he took it to places i didnt think anything could go!

#8 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

Yeah I know what you mean about old sleds. Mine arn't to old yet but ridding sleds from back in the 70's were a real pain. LOL
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users