• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

I have been guiding some cow elk hunts this winter, thought i would post some of the pictures i got. I am looking forward to the end of this month, ill be done with the guided hunts and ready for a nice break. I have hunted every weekend since august 20th, and alot of days in between.

Posted Image
This is my cow i shot a few weeks ago, that is my new rem. 700 XHR in .300 Win Mag
Posted Image
2 shots in vitals at 300+

!Posted Image

Posted Image
This is Tom and I with his first elk. It was tough getting him one he could not hike more than 5-10 yards in the country we hunt at without taking a breather. He was very excited about his first elk, I imagine it will be one he will not forget.

Posted Image
This is Bill with his first elk, and his first hunting trip since he was 25 years old. He is now 55 and was the funnest guy to hunt with this year for me. He shot this elk with my .300 and hit it at 450 yards. The only shooting he had done since his twenties was shooting his sons 30-06 a few days ago to zero it. with the distance though he opted for my rifle and fired one shot taking out the top of this elks lungs with a 180 grain hornady sst.
Posted Image
A sheriff in the county next to me took this picture, he had to close the road for awhile.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you enjoyed these, ill have more by February!

#2 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
John, one of my hunters was following another guy down a steep slope, he had to stop because his buddy got stuck in front of him. when he did the elk slid into his track. he gave it throttle and well, 1000 ccs of whoop *** sucked her into his tunnel.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users