3 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

I'm 57 years old. Been hunting since I was eight. Take it from me, and this applies to all species of game, the best time to go hunting is," Any time you can!" Posted Image One of my most memorable hunting trips we didn't see a deer all day. What made it so great? It was my first time out after a tripple bypass and Jason and I sat together in a two person tree stand, well before daylight, and had a ring side seat for an absolutely awesome meteor shower. Wouldn't trade that memory for anything. Posted Image If hunting was always about bagging an animal it would be called "killing" not "hunting!"

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

I am soon to be 69 and have hunted since 1955. Before that I hunted but only with a slingshot or bb gun that is when I could afford the bbs. My best time hunting is hard to pin down. It could be when my father and I hunted together and I got a good 9 point buck. Or maybe when at about age 16 I got my first deer with a bow. Or maybe my first ever hunt when I got a squirrel after pestering my dad all day to go out in a rainstorm and he finally relented. Or maybe Just last friday when Eric and I hunted and he got a deer with his flintlock. Maybe it was when I finally got to hunt with a certain guy and his son in Missouri even though a shot was not taken. Aah so many great hunts it is too hard to pick the best one. I am very much looking forward to this coming spring gobbler season and maybe that will become my best time to hunt.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 killthemquick89

killthemquick89

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

Man o man to many to think about one was crawling on my hands and knees for three hours threw creeks woods and thorns when I was 13 all for the payoff of my first tom at 23 lbs field dressed.

Or half of the best times I wasn't even shooting teaching my friends about hunting and my girlfriend

But id have to say one of the top was deer hunting with my dad watching three doe cross a creek bed and present me with a 140 yard shot with the 3030 my dad bought me and I drilled it right threw the pump station and dropped her that was probly the best because it was a great memory with my dad who is now brain dead in a nursing home because some one hit him on his chopper and left him for dead the memories with him are the best and I miss him like crazy I tear up every deer I kill because he's the one who tought me what I know now and not having him for the last 8 years has Ben hard.

Edited by killthemquick89, 31 August 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

I'm with you, Norm. The best hunt is the one that you are doing in the present. Too soon we get too feeble to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. Then, our memories are all that we have left. That little old man sitting out on the porch with the far away look in his eyes isn't senile, he's remembering the times that he had years ago when he was physically able to do all of the things that he can only dream of now.:hunter:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users