• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

Been thinking for a while about getting a bore sighter. As of right now I have 3 guns that need sighted in and only one is a bolt action. I am also looking for a peep sight for my flintlock so there will be another rifle that needs sighted in that isn't a bolt action. I have seen a Bushnell laser bore sighter that with different attachments will bore sight everything from a 22 to a 50 cal. Does anyone here have any experience with this bore sighter or have one that they really like.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Not sure what brand it is but Jason has one like you described.I think his is a Bushnell. We use it quite often and it will definintely get you on paper with your first shot. We've sighted centerfire rifles, muzzleloaders and a few scoped handguns with it. It's a very handy thing to have.

Edited by Spirithawk, 09 February 2011 - 06:24 PM.

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

I got the Bushnell bore sighter yesterday and it looks good. Played a little last night and for the price if this thing works as advertised it will serve me very well. I got mine online from Optics Planet which I have done business with several times now and am very pleased with their prices and service. Now as soon as the snow gets down to an acceptable level I will try this bore sighter and let you all know just how it performs.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

Paul, so the bore sighter is an end of barrel bore sighter right? I used to have one until it got misplaced.... :angry: It worked pretty good for me...... Let us know how it works out because I need a new one.. LOL
Semper Fi

#5 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

I have the Bushnell laser boresighter. I use it for my inlines and my rifles works great. Use it with the target provided at 25 yards and it is with in an inch at 100 yards. Got mine at Wally world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users