14 replies to this topic

#1 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:17 AM

Kenny and I went hog hunting Saturday. Killed 510 hogs and 20 coyotes. We were using helicopters on an eradication project. Here is a video I made. Enjoy.

Hogs Medium file 640x360 (10.5 MB)
Hogs Large File 960x540 (24.3 MB)

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

Don't know why but I can't view the video :(

Congrats on removing a bunch of hogs though!!
Posted Image

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

Nice! That one pack was at least 8 pigs long.

The look on Kenny's face at the end was actually kinda disturbing. LOL

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

I got it working now.

Make sure Quicktime is updated folks. :)
Posted Image

#5 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

Cool.... that would be so fun...........
Semper Fi

#6 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

:hunter: Now there is another way I would love to try in my lifetime. Nice video Micky. :yes:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#7 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

Nice! That one pack was at least 8 pigs long.

The look on Kenny's face at the end was actually kinda disturbing. LOL

Kenny always looks disturbing. I think that the AR just enhanced the look. Posted Image

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Kenny always looks disturbing. I think that the AR just enhanced the look. :lol:

:zipped:

:lol:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#9 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

I put this video up on YouTube for those that were having trouble downloading it. There is an HD version as well.
McCrea Outdoors Hog video

#10 highlonesome

highlonesome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

Y'all clearing out Mertzon?
Posted Image

Come as our guest.
Leave as our friend.

#11 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have many, Firearms, reloading, Air Rifles, striving for accuracy too, Scopes, target & tactical shooting, being a Dedicated Marksman. Archery [a long time ago], Dry Fly fishing, backpacking and wilderness camping [a while in the past, went through Boy Scouts. Very Patriotic and Conservative, no military service due to a very bad auto accident in 1965, more than willing to take up Arms in defense of this Great Nation if the need arises]! Photography, sports cars, leaning toward a truck or suv for the comfort. And last but not least is the shared experiences on the forum!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

Say Micky,
That sure sounds like one heck of a bunch of hogs you guys got.
They sound like there about as bad as rabbits in breeding.

With all the meat available is any of it collected and butchered?

If not the Vultures and Coyotes sure are going to have one heck of a feed
not to mention other animals..
I'm a very firm believer in Gun Control!!
You and you alone are the only one that should be in control of your Guns!!

#12 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

FtHill--- Micky owns McCrea Outdoors, and this was purely an eradication effort. The hogs were left laying due to the remote terrain they were shot in. If you don't have feral hogs where you live you are very lucky. They destroy EVERYTHING. I've seen data that suggests if a pig escapes from a farm today, it will be completely feral within 14 days. Alot of DNR's are actually encouraging hunters to shoot feral hogs on sight to try and curb their destructive tendencies. I know in Arkansas if you see one you can shoot it and leave it laying on AGFC Land, or you can take them with you. There aren't many species that a DNR will tell you to kill on sight, and if you don't want it just leave it laying.... That is how bad the feral pig problem is.

Edited by TerryfromAR, 04 July 2011 - 02:25 PM.

Semper Fi

#13 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

That looks so cool. We used to spot yotes like that and they would radio us on our snow mobiles or 4 wheelers. We are starting to get a huge hog problem here in Nebraska and Iowa. The DNR is encouraging those during rifle deer hunting to take as many hogs as you can.

Steve

#14 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have many, Firearms, reloading, Air Rifles, striving for accuracy too, Scopes, target & tactical shooting, being a Dedicated Marksman. Archery [a long time ago], Dry Fly fishing, backpacking and wilderness camping [a while in the past, went through Boy Scouts. Very Patriotic and Conservative, no military service due to a very bad auto accident in 1965, more than willing to take up Arms in defense of this Great Nation if the need arises]! Photography, sports cars, leaning toward a truck or suv for the comfort. And last but not least is the shared experiences on the forum!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:49 PM

FtHill--- Micky owns McCrea Outdoors, and this was purely an eradication effort. The hogs were left laying due to the remote terrain they were shot in. If you don't have feral hogs where you live you are very lucky. They destroy EVERYTHING. I've seen data that suggests if a pig escapes from a farm today, it will be completely feral within 14 days. Alot of DNR's are actually encouraging hunters to shoot feral hogs on sight to try and curb their destructive tendencies. I know in Arkansas if you see one you can shoot it and leave it laying on AGFC Land, or you can take them with you. There aren't many species that a DNR will tell you to kill on sight, and if you don't want it just leave it laying.... That is how bad the feral pig problem is.

Say Terry,

Thanks for the explanation, I never realized they were that bad. It's also good to know Micky own McCrea Outdoors, and the Helo was the best means due to the remote location it seems.

Even though there are supposed to be wild pigs beyond the top of the hill at my place the only thing I've ever seen was up at the top there was evidence of rooting but before I learned that there were wild pigs in the area I had no idea what caused the land to be up-turned like that. At least that's what I think it was as I don't know what else would do that?

You said: "There aren't many species that a DNR will tell you to kill on sight."
Now if we only could get them to thinking along the same lines as far as Terrorists Micky could really offer some adventure!!
I'm a very firm believer in Gun Control!!
You and you alone are the only one that should be in control of your Guns!!

#15 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

LOL FtHill I like the way you think.... but if there are supposedly feral pigs there, chances are there are..... They can typically be nocturnal but sometimes you will see them out during the day. They sometimes respond to calls, but the best way to catch them is a pen trap with a one way gate, and a bag of corn. Some people empty the traps by tying the hogs, but I'd personally shoot them and be done with it. They can be really nasty if you don't watch them. Not only do you run the risk of being gored or bitten, but they are filthy the bacteria alone from the wound could be enough to kill you. If you're interested there is a show called "Hogs Gone Wild" that comes on the History Channel or Animal Planet, I forget which one.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users