6 replies to this topic

#1 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

Lotta good memories with my bow - the various Elkatraz trips, fun day shoots with Melody, Bruce and Huck, creeping around the woods with my wife. But the time came.... First Melody sold her rig due to rotator cuff issues, then I suffered that distal biceps tendon rupture and the resulting surgery and rehab a couple years ago. Just never really picked it back up after that. So the bow went up for sale and sold quickly. :(

Posted Image

Edited by Larry $, 15 March 2011 - 07:33 AM.

Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

Crossbow maybe??:hunter:

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

When I got to geezer status I had to give up archery hunting too. I did get a crossbow and it does allow me to get out there in that fashion.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

OH MY GARSHK!!

Is that the 3 Amigos doing the BSOTH secret handshake?:stooges:

Now that right there brought a mucho biggo smile to my face! :D :lol: :rofl:

Did you teach the guy who bought your bow the handshake? Hope you didn't charge him extra! After all, we're a non-profit fraternity!

Hope your recovery from your bicep issues heal up and you can keep active outdoors in whatever capacity. Are you still riding? I was in Jamaica this winter and took a horse back riding adventure. Big mistake. As much as I like riding it was the most pitiful activity I did while there.

Best of luck to you and Mel!

Geoff / TBow (man I'm still grinning and smiling about that handshake)
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#5 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

Yup, that's the first face to face with me, McBruce and the Huckster. We were attempting the intricately choreographed BSOTH secret handshake, but you can tell we're middle aged white guys with no rhythm. :rofl:
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

Hey HUCK was the first to reboot :)

Ahhh Larry...I hope the Mag Jag went to a good home. Sorry you didn't pick it back up, but I know you have some fun toys that go BOOM :) that will keep you occupied.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:33 AM

Glad you were able to sell the bow Larry. Last year Seth bought a beautiful Mathews Rezen & loaded it with just about everything ...never really used it last fall and now his English Setter pup is demanding that the bow is coming between them. So he's selling the whole rig....or trading it for a really nice sidexside shotgun....wouldn't be surprized he starts wearing a tweed hunting hat!:rolleyes:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users