7 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

Besides the Missouri Conservation Dept. saying that turkey numbers are way down we are having warm weather way too soon. Was in the lower 80's yesterday and supose to be mid 70's all week. This weather is about a full month too early and turkey's are already strutting and gobbling. Not good since Turkey Season is a full month away! Paul, my daughter in Portsmouth, Virg. is wanting me to come visit in April and I may take her up on it bud. Waiting to see what the season kinda looks like before I decide.

PS. Best of luck Leo. Hope you score big. :)

Edited by Spirithawk, 21 March 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

Best of luck to you!

Hopefully they are through select cutting the only property I have permission to hunt now. I'm also waiting for a fundraiser hunt to actually happen before I can hunt the other place I am allowed to hunt. The season has been open a week here and the hunt winner still hasn't scheduled. I was hoping I'd be allowed to hunt after the first weekend of the season. Now that's gone and best I can hope for is after next weekend.
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hey sounds like a fun time in VA for ya. Wish you could make it here we have lots of turkeys. Just last night Eric and I saw 14 birds and I presume the same bunch were in the field behind the house this morning in the rain. At least one was strutting his stuff. Our season here in PA dosen't even start till the last of April this year.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

Whew! From the title I was afraid you were having health issues again.

#5 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

I've been watching turkeys around here for over a month now. There seems to be a lot of birds that made it through the winter, but like you said, the weather is warmer than normal, all the snow is just about gone, the toms are already strutting, and the turkey opener isn't until April 25th. Gadzooks! Unless those toms have access to a Viagara stash, I'm afraid they may not be up for responding to my fake amorous hen calls come the opener! :boone: :D

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:07 PM

Whew! From the title I was afraid you were having health issues again.

Actually I am. I'm strongly considering going to visit my daughter in Portsmouth, Virg. so I can go to the hospital there. Been having constant chest pain for going on two months now. First, the docs here, said pnemonia again. Then bronchitis, then inflamation of the chest walls and tendons and now pleurisy again. I think they are just guessing. Not letting it get me down but I want to get to the bottom of it and hopefully put it behind me. So, I think I'll kill two birds with one stone. Visit with my daughter and see the doctors she's been begging me to see. I might look into hunting there. :)

I've been watching turkeys around here for over a month now. There seems to be a lot of birds that made it through the winter, but like you said, the weather is warmer than normal, all the snow is just about gone, the toms are already strutting, and the turkey opener isn't until April 25th. Gadzooks! Unless those toms have access to a Viagara stash, I'm afraid they may not be up for responding to my fake amorous hen calls come the opener! :boone: :D

Geoff / TBow

Yep bud, my feelings exactly!

I'll be fine guys so no worries. I stay kickin just to iritate my enemies! :lol:

Edited by Spirithawk, 23 March 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:32 PM

Gotta get you well and on your feet as there are turkeys to be hunted and deer waiting to be taken home with you. Besides Jason needs someone to share the ticks with.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:20 AM

Then its time to get outta dodge & listen to your daughter. I pray things go well there for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users