• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

In a couple of weeks I am headed to Kansas with two tags just a burning a hole in my pocket. Already got permission to hunt several pieces of private land and a ton of public land also.

I have done a little practicing with a wingbone call I made a couple of years ago and I can even make a turkey sound with it. What really has me excited is Phil's brother Paul is sending me a new call that he made and from his description I have never seen anything much like it. When I get it I will try to post some pics. It is shaped like a box call except where the paddle normally is there is a solid piece of wood that is detached from the box except for the one end. To work the call you use a peg from a pot call and have the free end of the top chalked and use it like a pot. Anxious to play with this new call.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

Good luck!

Right now I'm essentially without a place to go. Hopefully, they'll finish logging. It will stop raining. And the guy that won the benefit hunt will actually do his hunt.
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

Thanks Leo I just talked with my daughter in Kansas and they have been having much the same weather as we are here in PA. What you are getting as rain, we are getting as a wintery mix. Infact later today we may get rain, freezing rain and snow possibly up to an inch of the stuff. Punxy Phil needs to go. So far this spring we have had one day with the temps getting up to over 70 degrees. So far this week the temps here have been from the very low 20s to around 45 as the highs. Same for Kansas. Can't wait for a bit better turkey hunting weather. Our birds are pretty tight lipped here most likely due to the low temps and wind. I know they are there as they show up in the field behind the house with a couple of longbeards in full strut. They just aren't very vocal. Do you have any public land to hunt nearby. In Kansas the only time I have seen another hunter on public land was on the weekends. During the week I seem to have thousands of acres around Lake Perry all to myself.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users