• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

I got a package today from Williams Gun Sight Company. I received 2 of their WGRS-CVA-Oct peep sights. One goes on my RMC Accusporter flintlock and the other is for Eric's Lyman Deerstalker. We really want to mount them on the breech block just ahead of the tang as close to the eye as possible and also to give the greatest distance between the sights as possible. Since it requires a little cut on both sides of the tang area of the stock and then drilled and tapped I will forgo doing it myself With my sight sitting where I want, it appears to be right on with the sight already on the rifle.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

Cool post pics when you get them on....
Semper Fi

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

Sounds real interesting. I have one rifle with a Williams Peep sight and it made it a great shooter. Good luck.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

I took both rifles to a local gun shop today to have the sights installed. The first thing the guy said without looking at the sights was a williams peep sight would not fit either rifle. I showed him the sights which are totally a top mount and he immediately retracted his statement. He said he was thinking of the style that part hangs down the side of the rifle and since both are left handed flinters the part that hangs down the side would interfere with the hammer. He actually admitted that he had not seen this particular williams sight and said sure those would fit where we wanted them very well. So I am waiting patiently for the work to be done and then will have two more rifles to get sighted in.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users