• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

Since I have plenty of time on my hands right now, and I am starting to book hunts Lets play a game,

I am going to post a pic, give you the set up tell me would you shoot or dont shoot

The size of the animal is not important its the postion of the animal that is,

situation,

your still hunting the lower desert, you spot a heard of deer, you range them at 150 yards, you are shooting a .270 with a scope, you have shooting sticks, you have hunted the country all your life so you know the lay of the land, your tag is for a buck

Posted Image

Shoot or dont shoot and why

R L

Edited by mzlloader, 31 March 2011 - 08:46 AM.

Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:13 AM

Don't shoot. Skylined animals are a no no. You need to know where your bullet is going after the shot. Over a hill you can't see the other side of is not acceptable.
Posted Image

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

ditto to leo + with him moving infront of a doe, unless you have an antlerless tag as well, its not a good shot either way.

#4 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

good answers guys, I will post another when I get back sunday from scouting turkey for out up coming Jr. turkey camp the 15th to the 17th of april,

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Definately within range of a 270. Good body position for a killing shot but as the others have already said that pipsqueak is skylined and so it is a no shoot situation. If it were not for that I would hold the shot till I see if the doe behind behind that scrawny thing is in the path of my pass through bullet and as soon as everything was clear I would take that poor representation of buckhood out of the gene pool.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users