• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

you are sitting a water hole, its just past leagal shooting light, you have your bow in hand, this buck walks in at 42 yards, you can see your pins good

you have scouted hard and there are a couple of bucks in the area that are bigger, but your game came shows them coming into water after dark

shoot or dont shoot

Posted Image

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

Depends...how slow is my watch that day?? ;~) Ethically, I'd stay still till it leaves & come back the next day. Then shoot myself in the foot when I dont see again.

Edited by Whitetiger, 01 April 2011 - 11:03 AM.

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

You already gave the answer. Even though no one is looking it is past legal shooting time. Let it walk till you can safely leave without spooking the deer and come back next time. Definately no shot.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

I agree, after legal shooting light, I wouldn't do it.... too many possibilities for making a bad shot, it's illegal, and just should not be done, all around...
Semper Fi

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

Come back tomorrow. Not a good thing to be reading your name on the front page for being the village idiot! :boone:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users