Who's Hunting Turkey?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

Virginia opens today. I envy my friends at VA Turkey.com.

How about HR? Who's hunting spring gobblers this season?

Although turkeys are 365 for me my hunt will commence 04/30 in NH's Youth season. This will be our third year with Brandon. He will be 14 this year. We will be looking to get 'r' done.

I have the first two weeks off in May and two Maine tags and one New Hampshire tag in my vest

No turkey hunting contest at HR?? The heck with prizes it's all about bragging rights, stories, picture and most of all the memories. :yes:

So how about it guys.......who's chasing the black ghosts this spring?
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:02 AM

I've only been able to hunt them twice this year so far. Had one get hung up for about an hour the last hunt and couldn't get him to cross a ditch. I've had to deal with much less land to hunt and loggers this year. It's a tough year for me. I feel blessed I even had a chance at one.
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

Here in PA our season doesen't start till April 30. I am all set to go to Kansas for their April 13 opener but the wife has been bothered by either jaw or tooth pain for the past several days so we are delaying our trip till we find out what is the problem.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users