Arkansas' War

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Was just looking at the AGFC website to see when spring squirrel opens up because I'm wanting to test the wife on squirrel before I spring the $$$$ to get her set up for whitetail..... and I was suprised to find that the spring squirrel starts in spring and ends in February....... here is a copy paste of what I found....
Species: Squirrel, gray;Squirrel, fox
Zones: Statewide
Opens: 5/15/2010
Closes: 2/28/2011
Shooting Hours: 30 Minutes Before Sunrise Until 30 Minutes After Sunset
Limits: Daily limit is 8. Possession limit is 32.
More: Squirrels may not be hunted with rifles or pistols larger than .22 caliber rimfire or with muzzleloaders larger than .40 caliber unless a modern gun or muzzleloading deer season, bear season or coyote season is open. Squirrels may not be hunted with shotguns using rifled slugs or shot larger than T shot.

Apparently the AGFC is wanting to get rid of the furry tailed stinkers.... LOL

Edited by TerryfromAR, 10 April 2011 - 04:00 PM.

Semper Fi

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Yep Arkansas has a lot of squirrely things running around. You have even exported a couple here and there.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:25 AM

Paul, what suprised me is that squirrel hunting is only closed a month and a half out of the year........ The only other animal that has a season that long is feral pig, and it's year around with no bag limits or possession limits..
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users