I'm A Proud Daddy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

Well all, I took Luke fishing for the umpteenth time this morning and after much fussing, griping and threatening he left his line in the water long enough to catch his first, second third fourth and fifth fish today...... All in all it was 2 crappie, 1 cat, and 2 bream...... ofcourse none of them were over 6" but he caught them... LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image
Semper Fi

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:54 AM

Congrats!

Nice shirt, too. LOL

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:10 AM

Jere, it was kinda fitting for the mood he was in...... All day Friday, all I heard from his little mouth was "Go Fishing"......"Go Fishing" "Go Fishing" So I told him we'd go Saturday morning, and that got him to be quiet for about 10 min at a time...... He's slow to get up in the mornings unless he is awakened with "Hey Luke, you wanna go fishing?" At which point he sits straight up in bed and screams, "YEAH GO FISHING!!!!!" and then he's bouncing off the walls until we walk out the door....Which is why I have learned to load the truck BEFORE I wake him up, LOL
Semper Fi

#4 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:37 AM

Too cute - love the shirt!!! & size really doesn't matter in this case.

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the size of those fish!

Posted Image

LOL

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#6 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

They gotta be 10 inches to keep here, and the 10 inch crappie just tend to be few and far between until they start spawning........with us being in drought conditions, I think it's throwing the spawning off a little bit.....
Semper Fi

#7 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:47 AM

Anytime the smile is larger than the fish you have had a successful trip!

#8 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

Vicky, you're right, but we like to eat fish as well.... LOL I was just happy to see Luke catch his first few fish...... No matter the size..... Now I'm left to ponder, if I should try letting him use my spare catfish rod the next time we go.... I just don't wanna see him pulled into the water by a fish... LOL
Semper Fi

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

Way to go Dad. It takes me back to a time when my kids were that age and the excitement they all had with their first fish which I recall were about the same size as Lukes. Nontheless those are the fish that will be remembered for a long time.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#10 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

Paul oh yeah..... but I think I was more excited than he was lol
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users