Photo

First Day Of Spring Gobbler Season In Pa.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

And the Caster crew were out there in force but I guess the gobblers just did not care for what we were saying to them.:mellow:

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

Really? We were absolutely covered up with birds here. At one point there were at least six different gobblers and several hens around the blind. It was pretty non-stop all morning... even with the other hunters that were around. Unfortunately, the turkey all stayed just out of range, save one. Wouldn't you know that I air mailed a bolt right over him though. (I don't get how I missed with a scoped crossbow at 20 yards. It's haunting, frankly. But, I digress.) It's looking like I might get the chance to pursue more come Wednesday.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

Eric and I were part of the CASTERS crew and although we did not see turkeys we heard 2. What we did see was a bit exciting. First we saw several deer and a short while later two smallish bears paid us a surprise visit. The one gobbler that sounded off from daylight till 8:30 shut up just before we got close enough to call him. Any day in the woods is a great day. Good friends and a cooperative gobbler are icing on the cake. We had the good friends.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users